jsantos
Site Admin

Re: XAML WYSIWYG Editor for Mac!?

04 Feb 2015, 23:58

The developer in our team that is working on integrating NoesisGUI is telling me that the code samples all seem to use a ".xaml.nsb" file format. What's the difference between .xaml and .xaml.nsb? And how do I convert from .xaml to .xaml.nsb?
.xaml.nsb is a xaml file that has been preprocessed by our BuildTool. It is a format optimized for runtime loading. This step is automatically done in Unity, but it must be done manually by Native SDK users. The documentation of v1.2 is a bit disperse right now but there is a link to the BuildTool documentation at the main page.

NickN

05 Feb 2015, 01:12

I'm typing this on my Mac, using google chrome running in Win 8.1 under virtualbox.

All seems to work fine so far.

Will now try installing the MS tools and see how I get on.

@Scherub: thanks for the heads up. Our dev is still wading through the docs so he may not have reached that part yet... but I'm always happy to pass work to others :lol:

NickN

05 Feb 2015, 04:16

Quick update... I installed Visual Studio Community Edition (from here: http://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2013-community-vs) on Win 8.1 under virtualbox. The install took a very long time to complete (more than an hour) but everything seems to work.

Net result is Blend running on a mac for about $100 out of pocket expense, and that's with a new license of Win 8.1.

ksubox

05 Feb 2015, 09:54

Sorry for invasion, but I use for development on OS X CodeRunner. This tool support many languages and I'm sure it's very easy to add support for XAML to CodeRunner. It could execute scripts or compile & execute something.
I'm absolutely new in NOESIS, but if we would have simple executable (like XAML player) which we can exec from command line like script with our XAML file as parameter and this executable could generate preview (like XAML player) we would have ready to use solution.

jsantos
Site Admin

06 Feb 2015, 18:16

If I understand you correctly, you need XamlPlayer to receive in the command line a path to a XAML and display it, right?

This is not implemented, but it is very easy to do. We could have it in the next beta.

ksubox

06 Feb 2015, 21:30

If I understand you correctly, you need XamlPlayer to receive in the command line a path to a XAML and display it, right?

This is not implemented, but it is very easy to do. We could have it in the next beta.
Yes, you are right. And, probably would be good to have an option for XAML player to monitor changes of specified file and reread it if so.