hcpizzi
Site Admin

Re: Unreal Engine 4

20 Mar 2018, 10:53

I'm going to look into supporting materials as brushes, because it would be a nice addition, but can't give a timeframe. I'm not even sure how feasible it is right now.

As for the __ in the names, that happens if your assets are outside the Content folder in your project. Also, take into account that if you use absolute paths to other files in your XAMLs, those files are considered relative to the Content folder in your project as well, as stated in the plugin README. We may try to get rid of the __ for assets outside the Content directory, assuming there are no absolute references, but for now we recommend you put them inside.

GeorgeR

21 Mar 2018, 04:41

I'd really rather keep my XAML project outside of the UE4 content folder. UE4 is different to Unity in that it doesn't convert assets in place - the Content folder is just file references and encoded data. Perhaps you could say your XAML project has to mirror your Content folder, so if you're referencing a subfolder "Fonts/", it has to have the same relative path in UE4.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

21 Mar 2018, 12:11

I was thinking about adding a project root path to the plugin project settings, and default to the current behavior if none is set. Would that be a good solution for your needs? I was hesitant to do that because in the past I've run into issues, like people wanting more than one or forgetting to set it at all, and the whole thing ends up being messy.

GeorgeR

21 Mar 2018, 12:31

Yeah I think that's a good solution.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

21 Mar 2018, 18:38

Alright, I'll get on to it. I have a couple other changes to commit, among them the Text property support for localization that we discussed earlier. I'll try to get all of it to GitHub before the end of the week.

flyingtree

22 Mar 2018, 04:39

I was thinking about adding a project root path to the plugin project settings, and default to the current behavior if none is set. Would that be a good solution for your needs? I was hesitant to do that because in the past I've run into issues, like people wanting more than one or forgetting to set it at all, and the whole thing ends up being messy.
Great! Looking forward to this feature.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

22 Mar 2018, 06:24

I am not sure if we should close this thread and instead create threads for each issue separately, by prepending the [UE4] prefix similar to the [Unity] one people is using.

flyingtree

23 Mar 2018, 02:49

I am not sure if we should close this thread and instead create threads for each issue separately, by prepending the [UE4] prefix similar to the [Unity] one people is using.
I think it's a good idea.