wckdspn
Topic Author

Roadmap?

29 Dec 2013, 10:11

Thanks for the frequent releases. It's good to see new features/fixes implemented at a good clip. I know you guys have been shuffling around priorities by customer need, so I'm curious what the current tentative roadmap is for features, especially ones like DX11/WinRT support. It'd be good to have an idea of what your plans are, and which features are on your radar in the first half of 2014.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Roadmap?

01 Jan 2014, 18:01

In our roadmap for 2014 (we prefer not making this roadmap public for now):
  • DX11, WindowsPhone, WinRT
  • Improved text rendering with support for inlines (runs)
  • Shader Effects
  • Better support for text localization
  • Improved c# API
  • Drag&Drop
  • Improvements to drawing performance
  • And a lot lot more (we have thousand of tickets pending...)
Happy New Year!

wckdspn
Topic Author

01 Jan 2014, 22:31

Thanks for the response! I am especially excited for DX11, localization, and C# API. And shaders. And drag and drop. Well, I'm guess I'm just excited in general.

After I finish with some basic control templates, I'm going to have a go at porting OxyPlot onto Noesis. I expect the actual render portion will be fairly straight forward, I worry a lot about all of the UX code. Well, it should prove a good test for the system. I'll post a link on the forum to my fork as soon as I break ground.

Happy New Year!

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Jan 2014, 11:21

Porting OxyPlot sounds really great! It will help us a a lot to detect problem and make noesisGUI a better product.

Count on our help whenever you start it.