Silren
Topic Author

Visual Studio Extension Question

21 Jun 2023, 04:57

While trying to install the Visual Studio Code extension I ran into a few issues. I'm new to this tool and to some extent visual studio as well; I was wondering if the extension is meant for the prior Visual Studio 2019 or if it works for Visual Studio 2022? The thought mainly crossed my mind as I couldn't seem to find the extension within the Visual Studio 2022 extension tab for the marketplace. As a result, I tried installing it via the command prompt VSIX Installer, if the problem is on my end specifically, I did save the log file from the failed installation. Any assistance is appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention my OS, I'm running on Windows 10.

maherne
Site Admin

Re: Visual Studio Extension Question

21 Jun 2023, 13:00

Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code are two separate products. Visual Studio is an IDE (integrated development environment) for Windows, and Visual Studio Code is a lightweight cross-platform code editor. I know, the naming is confusing.

We have extensions for both Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio:

Visual Studio Code Visual Studio 2022 Visual Studio 2019

Silren
Topic Author

Re: Visual Studio Extension Question

21 Jun 2023, 23:47

Thank you for the quick response I recognize my mistake now. I've installed the IDE and had the terms crossed I'll just need to grab the Visual Studio Code Editor as well.