JayOfAllTrades
Topic Author

Binding to TimeSpan

29 Jul 2023, 05:09

I'll be brief because I know you guys are flooded with help requests.

Inside my view model I expose a TimeSpan for an in-game countdown timer. I created three text blocks which bind to the TimeSpan.Minutes, Seconds, and Milliseconds. In Wpf it works, but in Unity I get this error.

[NOESIS/W] Can't solve PropertyPath: Type 'TimeSpan' does not contain a property named 'Minutes'
[NOESIS/E] Binding failed: Path=Time.Minutes, Source=Testing.TimerTestViewModel(''), Target=TextBlock('')

I got identical errors for the seconds and the milliseconds. The xaml for the textblock is simply:
<TextBlock Text="{Binding Time.Minutes}"/>
This is the second time I've had an issue identical to this, so this time I'm reaching out so that I can find out what I'm doing wrong and avoid this mistake in the future.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Binding to TimeSpan

31 Jul 2023, 14:09

Hi, we are not exposing those members in our native TimeSpan, could you please report it in our bugtracker? We will add it for the next release.

JayOfAllTrades
Topic Author

31 Jul 2023, 21:43

Done! :) #2657

Also, is there any way I can verify implementation details like that in the future should I run into this problem again? The docs looked like they showed TimeSpan as having these properties when I had checked. Is that just a small mistake on the docs, or did I misreading it?

sfernandez
Site Admin

01 Aug 2023, 11:45

Thanks for the report!
Also, is there any way I can verify implementation details like that in the future should I run into this problem again? The docs looked like they showed TimeSpan as having these properties when I had checked. Is that just a small mistake on the docs, or did I misreading it?
The docs should be the correct source of reference, this was just a bug in our code.