aliagha.huseynli
Topic Author

ComboBox Style problem/bug

19 Oct 2023, 11:40

Hi NoesisGUI team
I hope you are doing well ))

I have a problem with ComboBox Style.
First I think it is because of me. But I even tried to create a new project and I added ComboBox there without style.
The expected thing is if no style Noesis added its style Dark/Light theme on ComboBox.
However, nothing was added and it shows a purple color probably means not rendered place. Also, the console says the theme didn't apply.
View from Unity app -
Screenshot 2023-10-19 131603.png
Screenshot 2023-10-19 131603.png (21.55 KiB) Viewed 856 times
View from Blend -
Screenshot 2023-10-19 131619.png
<ComboBox
    x:Name="ComboBox_Language"
    Width="487"
    Height="66"
    Margin="226,575,0,0"
    Padding="20,20,5,3"
    HorizontalAlignment="Left"
    VerticalAlignment="Top"
    FontFamily="Josefin Sans"
    FontSize="28"
    FontWeight="Light"
    Foreground="{StaticResource TextColor_D9D9D9}"
    SelectedIndex="0">
    <ComboBoxItem Content="English" />
    <ComboBoxItem Content="French" />
</ComboBox>
My custom Style makes my Unity project Crash over and over again. 100% can repeat. Maybe my Style has a problem. I never know because I get no error message I crash ))
I hate Unity Noesis crash issues. If Noesisgui can't handle something it must show an error log, not crash my Unity project.
80% of your GUI is doing well. Sometimes it is doing weird things. Maybe it happens to me. I don't know.

Sorry for my emotions,
Thanks in advance.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: ComboBox Style problem/bug

19 Oct 2023, 12:05

Hi,

Could you please create a ticket in our bugtracker attaching the Style that produces the crash or just post it here?

When a crash happens in the native library is due to a bug in Noesis, an unhandled situation. But other than that, any unsupported feature is just logged as an error message and doesn't crash the Unity editor. This is the way we expect things to work, otherwise is a bug and we need to fix it.

Cheers.