Jarryd
Topic Author

NoeisGUI XAML Tools in VS Code: Limitations and how to set up?

19 Jan 2024, 05:59

I'm an experienced XAML developer, with some complex controls.

I have been predominantly using Blend, and have a library of XAML controls my game uses. I've got code behinds and view models all hooked up with TemplateBindings and depenency properties.

I'm now working with some Noesis specific features such as noesis:Path.TrimEnd, and am getting up to speed with Visual Studio code runing Noeisis XAML Tools as my preview.

Q1: Since I can't open my workspace.sln in VS Code, am I supposed to open the root folder as a workspace?

Q2: I have controls that use a Template in their style. To preview these in Blend, I have a view that uses data Templates targetting specific view models. Should I be expecting this to work once I get my language server compiled and running?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: NoeisGUI XAML Tools in VS Code: Limitations and how to set up?

22 Jan 2024, 22:58

Note that, for now the extension only "understands" standard classes. Your own extensions won't autocomplete. This has been already implemented in Unreal/Unity and with 3.2.3 you will be able to create your own language servers to support your own extensions.

1) You can open the root folder, and I recommend it but it is not necessary, you can also work with separate XAMLs.
2) Yes, your own language server should be able to preview this. But if you can give more details with your scenario I could try it for you.

Jarryd
Topic Author

Re: NoeisGUI XAML Tools in VS Code: Limitations and how to set up?

23 Jan 2024, 06:40

I'm working a C++ based game, that is using the Native SDK.

Do you have a sample that sets up a Language server?

My game is not on the latest noesis, so I tried looking at the Managed SDK downloads.
It does not have a `LanguageServer` class, but instead has a `LangServer`.
So I'm not sure if I'm meant to whack two lines into my game after updating to 3.2.2, or compile something new and register it with windows or something.