nadjibus
Topic Author

Another Unity Editor crash...

04 Mar 2024, 19:17

Hello. We're really at a point where we can no longer work with Unity/Noesis because of the frequent crashes (10+ times a day). We tried to ignore the issue for months and focused more on gameplay and ignored UI for the hope of giving Noesis team the time to stabilize it under the Unity Editor. But now we have reached a point where we have to start working on UI, but unfortunately it's unusable. Maybe our setup is causing it (a custom written framework similar to Caliburn + async/UniTask + DI/TinyIOC, a standard WPF/Enterprise stack) but we're too deep into development to change our UI system which works wonderfully if not for the crashes.

Our latest View (UserControl) causes a 100% Editor crash rate upon loading/display.

I created an issue in the bug tracker: https://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=3136

My question now:
Can we have an estimate on when we can see a fix for all those Unity Editor crashes so we can at least make a plan or worst case, delay our release date?

Thank you!

EDIT: I saw on the issue tracker that most of Unity crash issues have been assigned recently, so I presume the work has started on them? I really hope so and it gives me some hope for a quick resolution for our problems. Thank you again!

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Another Unity Editor crash...

05 Mar 2024, 01:49

As far as I understand, your urgent tickets (crashes) are: Is this correct? If there is anything missing could you please report it?

Also #2612 is on feedback waiting for a response on your side. If you can't prepare a small sample reproducing the issue, could we get access to your project (under NDA if needed) to reproduce all your crashes?

Thank you!

nadjibus
Topic Author

05 Mar 2024, 10:41

Thank you for the quick answer.

I will try to create a small sample reproducing the problem, if not I will share my project no problem.

nadjibus
Topic Author

05 Mar 2024, 18:03

Managed to recreate a stripped down sample project with 2 crashes reproductions. It is under the latest bug report #3136 with the steps to reproduce the crashes.

sfernandez
Site Admin

08 Mar 2024, 11:58

Thanks a lot for the repro, I was able to find what was going on and provided some patches in the tracker.

nadjibus
Topic Author

08 Mar 2024, 17:10

Thank you very much for the quick fix! you're doing a wonderful job!

jsantos
Site Admin

12 Mar 2024, 12:22

The three tickets are solved and waiting for your confirmation for closing them.

nadjibus
Topic Author

16 Apr 2024, 10:17

I'm back with another crash...

I'm trying to port this library https://github.com/miroiu/nodify to Noesis. After some workarounds (like missing protected virtual OnMouseDown/Up/Move/OnKeyDown/Up, OnRenderSizeChanged, Transform.Inverse...) I managed to fix all compile errors. But as soon as I add the Nodify UserControl to a page, Unity crashes!

I created a ticket and provided a reproduction Unity project https://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=3243