nadjibus
Topic Author

Unity Editor (2022) + Noesis v3.2.2 Crash

06 Dec 2023, 13:16

Hello.

After reporting this Unity Editor (2021) + Noesis v3.2.1 crash:
viewtopic.php?t=2950
https://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=2612

I'm still having crashes in Unity Editor, same as the above (during DomainReload) but with a different stacktrace. Reported here:
https://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=2921

Can we please have an estimated ETA for the fixes, because It's really no fun having the Editor crashes several times a day...

In the meanwhile, can we at least disable Noesis DomainReload callback in the Editor without any serious drawbacks so we can have a stable Editor? (I prefer to have memory leaks in the Editor than crashes)

Thank you!

nadjibus
Topic Author

Re: Unity Editor (2022) + Noesis v3.2.2 Crash

06 Dec 2023, 23:28

I disabled DomainReload resources releasing (commented NoesisGUI_PINVOKE.BaseComponent_Release(cPtr) in BaseComponent.cs) and no crash happened. Everything seems to work correctly during play tests and the memory did not blow up (nearly constant during hours of work).

So for now we can at least work on our game without crashes, until it's fixed.

sfernandez
Site Admin

11 Dec 2023, 12:53

Hi,

We are working on a fix it for the next release. When we have something I will provide a patch in the ticket for you to test.
I prefer to have memory leaks in the Editor than crashes
The release of objects during DomainReload is required not only because of memory leaks, but because if it is not done it will point to already destroyed objects in the C# side.

Really sorry for the inconveniences.

nadjibus
Topic Author

19 Dec 2023, 18:35

Hi,

We are working on a fix it for the next release. When we have something I will provide a patch in the ticket for you to test.
I prefer to have memory leaks in the Editor than crashes
The release of objects during DomainReload is required not only because of memory leaks, but because if it is not done it will point to already destroyed objects in the C# side.

Really sorry for the inconveniences.
Thank you for the reply, and I really appreciate all the work you're doing!

No need to apology, as a fellow programmer I totally understand the technical complexity of Noesis, plus having to support different editor engines, runtimes and languages is not an easy task at all.