DamienDefranco
Topic Author

NoesisGUI integration with Leadwerks 4.0

27 Dec 2015, 15:02

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone would be able to assist me with getting NoesisGUI setup with Leadwerks, there's some old tutorials from over a year ago that are outdated and doesn't explain very much on the how-to aspect.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I have the newest version of NoesisGUI downloaded and a blank Leadwerks project

- Damien

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: NoesisGUI integration with Leadwerks 4.0

28 Dec 2015, 11:35

Hi Damien,

I will help you. I imagine you have started from these bindings, right?

https://github.com/FourthQuarter/NoesisLeadwerksWrapper

Tell me about the problems you are facing with Leadwerks 4.0. They should be easy to fix.

DamienDefranco
Topic Author

28 Dec 2015, 13:59

Hey Jsantos,

I've had a look at that, but I haven't done any steps from it.

Quite frankly, I don't understand any of the steps.

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Dec 2015, 12:17

You need to be more specific about it. I can't help you if you don't understand anything. : )

So, were you able to integrate NoesisGUI with Leadwerks 3.0?

What of these steps are not clear to you?
  • Download Noesis
  • Add the include folder to your project's additional include directories
  • Link your project to bin/Noesis.lib
  • Copy Noesis.dll, tbb.dll and tbbmalloc.dll from /bin to your project's executable
  • Run the Resource.BuildTool.exe to build all required resources: Resource.BuildTool.exe ../Data/Samples -platform GL
  • Copy bin/out to the directory where you want to store the GUI data (I.e. Materials/GUI)

DamienDefranco
Topic Author

30 Dec 2015, 01:23

I understand a little - but I've never done any of these steps before, in any form...

Add the include folder to your project's additional include directories --

-- This step I haven't got a clue. I know my Main.lua file I see some other #include ..... code lines, I assume its similar to adding a new line to one of my lua scripts so it knows to find the noesis folder?

Link your project to bin/Noesis.lib

-- This one I also have no idea how to link. Settings/Options doesn't have any type of link or add folder - so I assume its done by code in one of the lua scripts?

Copy Noesis.dll tbb.dll and tbballoc.dll from /bin to your projects executable.

-- This one I half get. I just need to know where the projects executable is. Is it the main Project folder? Leadwerks/Projects/MyProject (where myproject.exe to launch the game is)

Run the Resource.BuildTool.exe to build all requires resources.

-- I just need to know for this if the buildtool needs to be extracted to a specific folder (in leadwerks, like my project folder) to work, or if I can just run the EXE from my downloads folder...

Copy bin/out to the directory where you want to store the GUI Data

-- this one should be fine -

jsantos
Site Admin

31 Dec 2015, 12:25

Add the include folder to your project's additional include directories --

-- This step I haven't got a clue. I know my Main.lua file I see some other #include ..... code lines, I assume its similar to adding a new line to one of my lua scripts so it knows to find the noesis folder?
Wait, before going on... noesisGUI is a C++ SDK in LeadWerks. Do you have experience with C++? Because include settings is one of the basic things when you program in that language.

DamienDefranco
Topic Author

31 Dec 2015, 14:38

We have Leadwerks that supports C++, thats why we purchased NoesisGUI - no none of our team has experience with C++ we're planning on adding a template script and altering it from there once its working to suit our needs.

jsantos
Site Admin

04 Jan 2016, 14:50

Before integrating noesisGUI with Leadwerks I recommend you dedicating a few days to learn the basics about C++. Following our integration tutorial could also help. You will find there working projects for Visual Studio and XCode.