Ziriax
Topic Author

1.3: support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP)?

27 Dec 2016, 17:58

Hello,

Do you guys have any plans (and estimated delivery date) to support (managed and native) 1.3 SDKs for UWP?

We're are using Monogame in combination with NoesisGUI, and we hope to able to support UWP besides the classic desktop.

Thanks,
Peter
Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: 1.3: support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP)?

27 Dec 2016, 23:38

Hello!

Yes, UWP is coming to 1.3. Could you please file a ticket about it? We only need to work in the native part, I would say the C# side we have now is compatible.

By the way, we are also considering the option of deprecating wphone and wstore platforms.

Ziriax
Topic Author

28 Dec 2016, 10:30

Hello!

Yes, UWP is coming to 1.3. Could you please file a ticket about it? We only need to work in the native part, I would say the C# side we have now is compatible.

By the way, we are also considering the option of deprecating wphone and wstore platforms.
Do you mean we won't be able to put Noesis GUI applications in the Windows Store? Or with 'wstore' do you mean Windows 8.1 style applications? Yes, Microsoft's marketing department made all of this insanely complicated ;-)
Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Dec 2016, 16:26

Yes, sorry I mean Windows Phone 8.X and Windows Store applications, both using the WinRT runtime so I assume it is very similar to UWP. We already have clients using the 1.3 C# SDK with .NET Core, so I would say this port should be easier than previous ones.