KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

NoesisGUIPanel throwing inspector exception

06 Feb 2017, 11:59

I'm currently experimenting with programatically setting the root XAML of the NoesisGUIPanel by setting the xaml path and then forcing a reload with ForceLoadXaml();

Works fine but if I have the NeosisGUIPanel open in the inspector while it happens, an exception is thrown:
ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:268)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7217)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7196)
NoesisGUIPanelEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Editor/NoesisGUI/NoesisGUIPanelEditor.cs:38)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1236)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
Am I doing something wrong or is this a Unity or Noesis bug?

Edit: I just checked, even if I open the inspector for the panel anytime AFTER the fact, the exception also gets thrown. Apparently the field that shows the loaded XAML cannot be updated by the inspector if it is changed programatically? That seems to be a bug.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: NoesisGUIPanel throwing inspector exception

15 Feb 2017, 23:26

Yes, this seems to be a bug, not sure if in Noesis or Unity but as this is going to change in v1.3, please could you try again whenever we release the new Unity package? We should have already released it but we are fighting with a bug in the mono version of Unity that is blocking us. As soon as that problem is solved we will release the new package.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

XaeroDegreaz

18 Feb 2017, 07:36

Really looking forward to using the new Unity stuff. Been patiently waiting :(

jsantos
Site Admin

20 Feb 2017, 23:07

Really looking forward to using the new Unity stuff. Been patiently waiting :(
We released a beta few minutes ago!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1024

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

21 Feb 2017, 14:25

Yes I saw it and I already posted a view issues in the thread :)