antsonthetree
Topic Author

Unity ComboBox items disappearing.

22 Mar 2018, 20:10

Hello,

Whenever the number if items in my drop down list extends past the size of the dropdown window, the contents of the combo box vanish. This happens when you open the drop down, I will see the contents for a fraction of a second and then they blink out. The drop down stays open. If I reduce the number of items in the drop down to just enough to fit in the dd window, then I am able to see them fine. Basically it looks like anything that causes the combo box's scroll bar to appear is killing my item list.

Forgot to mention - this only happens in built projects. It does not happen in the Unity editor or in Blend.
Update - I just tested and this also seems to happen for ListBox too. Only on builds.

Any ideas on this?
Thanks
Jake

antsonthetree
Topic Author

Re: Unity ComboBox items disappearing.

23 Mar 2018, 00:10

Update: Apparently this was my fault. Needed to set my GUI Camera to Depth Only.
Not sure exactly why that fixed it, but it did.

Jake

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Unity ComboBox items disappearing.

27 Mar 2018, 10:39

We use the stencil buffer for masking. So, it must be cleared per frame. Normally you do this in the main camera by setting 'Clear Flags' to 'Skybox' or 'Solid color'. That way, you don't need to do it in the next camera you have chained. Setting those cameras to 'Don’t clear' is enough.

I assume you are using several cameras because you don't want the post-processing in the UI, right? Could you share your cameras setup here? You must have something different.