ScottFromDerby
Topic Author

Transparent artifacting on Xbox One

24 Feb 2020, 13:00

Hey guys,

We're pretty close to completion on our title, and we're using Noesis 2.2.1. We're experiencing some graphical artifacting on some semi-transparent textures and we're not certain what could be causing it.

We've taken a PIX capture on a Debug Xbox build, and it seems that during the call to Noesis::IRenderer::RenderOffscreen(), Noesis is rendering to an offscreen buffer with an active use of FMask and CMask:
IndexedDraw1.png
However it appears to discard the FMask and CMask during the Resolve Step, causing graphical corruption, which then gets rendered as-is:
IndexedDraw2.png
Causing this to be the resulting image:
Corruption.png
Corruption.png (11.89 KiB) Viewed 1704 times
As we understand, AMD will be using Delta Colour Compression via the use of FMask and CMask, however it appears that this conversion doesn't take place during the Resolve step. Could there be a sampler state that should be being set at this point?

We don't experience this same corruption on Switch or PC that uses an NVidia graphics card.

Any advice greatly appreciated, we have PIX captures available if that would be of any help,

Thanks,
Scott

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Transparent artifacting on Xbox One

24 Feb 2020, 13:12

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your feedback. Please let's move this to a private ticket, I want to verify a few things with you.

ScottFromDerby
Topic Author

24 Feb 2020, 14:55

Sounds good, thank-you for getting back to me - sorry for my ignorance, how can we make a private ticket?

jsantos
Site Admin

24 Feb 2020, 14:59

Sure, go here

http://bugs.noesisengine.com/

Report an issue and mark the View Status as 'Private'.