wfranca
Topic Author

custom render opengl without texture render

23 Apr 2020, 16:49

hi,

I'm using noesisgui in a c++ 3d game with opengl. It is working as expected, but I need to render parts of the 3D scene in the GUI. The application uses a version of opengl that doens't have support for framebuffers, so I cannot use them to render in textures and later to use these textures as image in noesis' render pass.

Currently I'm trying to extend the Noesis::Control and to implement my opengl calls at OnRender method (just like in this post). But it is not rendering anything, I've checked that the OnRender is being called in every frame, the controll is being created properly, and is even possible to interact with it (I used mouse events to test this). I'm suspecting that the OnRender is called at the offscreen render of the IView and probably my opengl calls are having no effects at the rendering in screen.

So, I'd like to know if is there a way to make a custom rendering inside a OnRender method that uses opengl calls without using a render to texture approach.

Thanks in advance

Tags:

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: custom render opengl without texture render

24 Apr 2020, 19:29

I don't think that is possible, you should only emit GL calls from your RenderDevice implementation.

What version of OpenGL are you using?

wfranca
Topic Author

24 Apr 2020, 19:47

I'm using OpenGL 2.0

jsantos
Site Admin

25 Apr 2020, 12:58

OpenGL 2 without extension for framebuffers? May I ask what hardware is this?