asusralis
Topic Author

Commentary on Noesis & crashes.

13 Oct 2020, 23:21

The last three noesis patch versions have each introduced additional bugs for me, usually in the form of a crash. I create an issue and each time they are fixed, but because your patch versions contains feature changes as well as bug fixes, it's like I can't escape. I can't upgrade because it adds a crash, I can't stay at the same version because it has a crash. It really has eaten into our productivity. Is there any way to petition having patch versions (X.X.1) to contain only fixes? I feel like this is a reason why patch versions exist - to avoid this exact situation.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Commentary on Noesis & crashes.

14 Oct 2020, 11:19

Theoretically, 3.0.X versions should only contain fixes but it is true that sometimes we are adding minor improvements and features that were already in the roadmap for 3.0, that's the only way our customers can receive those improvements without having to wait a year for the 3.1 release. Our team is not big enough to maintain many branches at the same time. But thanks for your feedback, we will try to improve this to avoid generating new bugs.

Having said that, I think you have been quite unlucky because 3.0.6 is being very stable for many customers. We are working hard to fix your issues as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback, it is really welcome and we listen to our clients.