FredrikAleksander
Topic Author

No way to download previous releases?

07 Aug 2021, 13:30

I'm unable to find previous releases of NoesisGUI. I wanted to try the UE4 shooter game example, but it requires a older version of NoesisGUI and UE4, and I can no longer find that old version for download. Is there any possibility you could keep the links for historic releases around? Or atleast keep all the dependencies needed in the samples?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: No way to download previous releases?

09 Aug 2021, 16:07

Older versions are provided to customers in private download folders. Right now, we are not offering this for Indie users. What we should do is updating that example to the latest version of Noesis and Unreal. Could you please open a ticket about it?

FredrikAleksander
Topic Author

10 Aug 2021, 18:18

Sure, will do. I did eventually figure things out on my own. Importing the view from Xaml in the newer version worked with no issue, but I did not know how to support custom types (for the stuff like death messages). I did figure it out on my own eventually, and I now have the in-game hud working (though i did it somewhat differently, using C++ and UObjects for the view models, as I'm still new to UE and blueprints and find the workflow a bit slow).

Having worked with Xamarin.Forms and WPF in the past, this was very easy to get into, and when I eventually figured things out it was a really great experience. It could be nice to have some documentation or maybe a sample on how to get started with C++ in UE, as I could only find blueprint based samples in the sample collection.

Really great product, looking forward to see how it will evolve

jsantos
Site Admin

11 Aug 2021, 12:54

Thanks for the kind words.

We should definitely add a specific sample for C++ without blueprints. The only pure C++ example is the one about UserControls. For the documentation, almost all the tutorials for C++ SDK are valid for Unreal. The Unreal tutorial includes the specific additions. But it is true what we should improve the organization.

Taking notes of everything, thanks for the suggestions.