karaage
Topic Author

ScrollViewer Panning with mouse

29 Jan 2024, 17:30

Context:
I'm using Noesis world space GUI for a VR app and I would like to enable panning on my ScrollViewer. There is a PanningMode option in the XAML ScrollViewer, but it's based on manipulation events, which are triggered with touch interactions and not with mouse interactions.
The problem and attempted solutions:
By default Noesis View handles tracked VR controller interactions as mouse events. This can be changed, to Emulate Touch, which enables panning, but causes a new set of problems. Among other things, this causes move events to not fire when just hovering with the pointer. Which in turn doesn't trigger the hover animations in my UI. Additionally, button click events get canceled, if the pointer is moved around too much after pressing the trigger.
I've also attempted to replicate this behavior with mouse events. I was partially successful, but I couldn't replicate the manipulation inertia after the user releases the trigger.

Is there a proper solution or a workaround for this problem?
Ideally I would like to trigger translate manipulation events that cause ScrollViewer panning with the mouse pointer instead of touch.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: ScrollViewer Panning with mouse

31 Jan 2024, 12:30

I think we should improve how our touch emulation works, to allow mouse over effects and fix the issues with button events being canceled.

Could you please create a ticket about this?

karaage
Topic Author

Re: ScrollViewer Panning with mouse

01 Feb 2024, 10:23

Thank you for the response. I created the ticket.