GabrielStranak
Topic Author

Extended Resource Providers application crash

12 Apr 2017, 11:32

I'm using the managed SDK. In my Android project I'm trying to extend the XamlProvider, TextureProvider and FontProvider.
The problem is that when I create new instance of the extended class, the application crashes without throwing any exception. The last Debug output is Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1

Is it not possible to extend these classes?

Is there any alternative way to access the resources stored in Assets? The C++ documentation uses AndroidResourceProvider, but I don't have this class available.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Extended Resource Providers application crash

18 Apr 2017, 12:58

Hi,

These classes can be extended, but they should be created after Noesis is initialized. Could it be this your problem?
Could you create a ticket in our bugtracker and attach the sample project that makes it crash? We shouldn't crash even if it is not used correctly.

The AndroidResourceProvider is for previous version 1.2, we have to update our documentation to get rid of that reference, sorry for the confusion.

GabrielStranak
Topic Author

18 Apr 2017, 14:22

Yes you are right. I has creating new instance of resource provider before Noesis.GUI.Init();. When I create the resource provider after initialization it does not crash.
I have created new ticket for the issue when you create resource provider before initialization.

sfernandez
Site Admin

20 Apr 2017, 17:36

Thanks for the report, we can continue our investigation and communication about this issue through the bugtracker.