dullman
Topic Author

Unity 2017.1 NoesisGUI display a spritesheet animation onto GUI elements?

28 Oct 2017, 16:47

Hi I read a FAQ and tutorials have a topic about displaying sprites from unity atlases, but my question is slightly different, first my spritesheet to display would be created on runtime, second it would display different animation depends on job that character is involved, third all of it would be strongly customizable, so I can't prerender sprites for every possible situation.

I know that I didn't have much experience with nosesis, but wanted to ask if this is possible and how even before i decide to develop game in noesis (and it would be great choice for me since, it would be heavy in UI elements like data grid, lists etc.). I can think about few things that can be possible to do for displaying animation in gui elements (like every few frames changing image in image component(or how it called in noesis) but I want the best method (and fastest) to do that, so anyone can give me few hints?

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Unity 2017.1 NoesisGUI display a spritesheet animation onto GUI elements?

30 Oct 2017, 13:43

Hi,

Animations can also be defined in code, so it is not a problem to have sprites created at runtime. You can have code that creates animations dynamically based on your sprites, and then launch them whenever you want.

Perhaps if you explain with more detail some small example of what you want to achieve we can try to help you.

dullman
Topic Author

21 Mar 2018, 17:54

Hi,

Animations can also be defined in code, so it is not a problem to have sprites created at runtime. You can have code that creates animations dynamically based on your sprites, and then launch them whenever you want.

Perhaps if you explain with more detail some small example of what you want to achieve we can try to help you.
Hi again after trying to move to other technologies i decide again to give a chance to noesis, so my question remains actually, but certainly my main problem remains here meaning display runtime created animation to UI Image control, yeah I know that every x second can assign to image new frame, but here I have a problem as someone who makes oneself sprites for game i create many png's with transparency which is incompatible with noesis.

My code is something along line:
- Select actor(s)
- Load the names of all files that need to created bitmap
- Load colors associated for each of them
- load first file (spritesheet)
- Generate to rendertexture applying shader that change colors of default spritesheet to choosen one by current actor(s)
-Create a texture from this then render it.
- add next layer onto texture with recoloring it depends on need.
- do it until we get through all layers then get last render texture which is our generated spritesheet.

And here i have a problem since texture has transparency in it, and noesis only use textures which does not contain this information, and to be truthful I do not have idea how to fast create compatible textures with noesis other than shaders (but since my change color shader was pretty much something that I created with luck rather than skills I do not know if i would be able to create it), and this approach is difficult for me.

Btw. I mainly after recreating UI with Noesis I'm rather glad that I decided to use it, (although i do not like that it does not support transparent pngs)

jsantos
Site Admin

27 Mar 2018, 10:21

Hi again after trying to move to other technologies i decide again to give a chance to noesis, so my question remains actually, but certainly my main problem remains here meaning display runtime created animation to UI Image control, yeah I know that every x second can assign to image new frame, but here I have a problem as someone who makes oneself sprites for game i create many png's with transparency which is incompatible with noesis.
Why do you think transparencies are incompatible with Noesis? We 100% support transparency in textures, although it must be alpha premultipled.