RisingSunStudios
Topic Author

Implementing providers - no interface?

13 Apr 2020, 10:01

Hi! Really enjoying working with Noesis after coming from a wpf background.

We use FMOD in our project and I'm looking to implement a custom audio provider. However, within the C# plugin code all I can see is code using the AudioProvider singleton. I can change the plugin code but won't that get overwritten if I update the plugin?

Please can AudioProvider become an interface of IAudioProvider and allow us to register our own implementations? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Tags:

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Implementing providers - no interface?

13 Apr 2020, 17:16

I assume this is not for Unity, although it is tagged like that. The Application Framework is not part of the core library. It is a framework we maintain for our examples. In case you need something different, like using FMOD, I recommend just using our Core library and do everything (window, events, sounds) on your side.

RisingSunStudios
Topic Author

14 Apr 2020, 09:37

I assume this is not for Unity, although it is tagged like that. The Application Framework is not part of the core library. It is a framework we maintain for our examples. In case you need something different, like using FMOD, I recommend just using our Core library and do everything (window, events, sounds) on your side.
No it is for Unity. The Unity installer package includes .cs files inside of Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins, such as NoesisProviders.cs, NoesisKeyCodes.cs etc. So we'll edit these to do what we need then. Thanks.

jsantos
Site Admin

14 Apr 2020, 14:51

Oh, I see. We don't have plans to make that part extensible, so for now you need to modify it yourself. Thanks!