stonstad
Topic Author

Unity & VS Additional Extensions To Include: XAML

01 May 2020, 16:07

For a while I have been wishing Unity generated .csproj files would include XAML files. If Unity could do this, I'd be able to edit XAML directly within a single Visual Studio instance instead of having to switch back and forth to Blend. If you just add a XAML file to a Unity generated ,csproj the change will be overwritten when Unity regenerates the project.

Today I learned that you can control which file extensions appear within the generated Visual Studio project. Go to Project Settings -> Editor -> Additional Extensions to Include

... results in

Yes! Perhaps the Noesis Unity installer might automate this step and add .xaml to the list of included file extensions.

Cheers,
Shaun

Tags:

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Unity & VS Additional Extensions To Include: XAML

01 May 2020, 18:17

Are you able to visually edit XAMLs this way? Beause at least in C++, we need to switch to Blend project (included in the same solution) to see Blend output.
This is a great suggestion, I need to figure out how to change that setting from Noesis Unity installer, I hope that's possible.

stonstad
Topic Author

Re: Unity & VS Additional Extensions To Include: XAML

01 May 2020, 21:58

The designer surface area does not work. I use it for text editing. I'm old school -- the preview is in my head. :)