Kasuns
Topic Author

Scene load time issues on Android

25 Nov 2020, 13:47

Hello! First time here. We are developing a game suitable for Windows and Android platforms, now using Noesis 3.0.7 and Unity 2019.4 LTS. There are scenes which practically consists of viewmodel and noesisview, no expensive textures/animations. Just three buttons inside grid. Those scenes load fine while on Windows, still on Android it takes ~5 s to load view only. Is there any way to optimise the view load process for Android?
Testing device: Xperia XA Plus (
4GB RAM,
Android 7.0,
Mediatek MT6757, octa-core 64 bits
);

Tags:

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Scene load time issues on Android

25 Nov 2020, 13:51

Are you moving all styles to the global resource dictionary? If not, every XAML if loading the styles locally

Kasuns
Topic Author

25 Nov 2020, 14:10

Are you moving all styles to the global resource dictionary? If not, every XAML if loading the styles locally
I am using application resources in noesis settings asset. All styling is there. Even if i remove the reference from noesis settings, it doesnt give speed boost. For testing purposes i removed all the converters, still no progress

Kasuns
Topic Author

25 Nov 2020, 14:33

It also looks that every scene inside Android takes ~5s to load first time, next time they load fast, might be some cache things. Still, this behaviour doesn't apply for scenes with Noesis views assigned

jsantos
Site Admin

25 Nov 2020, 15:56

Is this happening on subsequent executions (without deploying again) ? Every time the app is deployed Android clears the shader cache and generates it again. This step can take a few seconds in some Android devices.

Kasuns
Topic Author

27 Nov 2020, 13:55

Is this happening on subsequent executions (without deploying again) ? Every time the app is deployed Android clears the shader cache and generates it again. This step can take a few seconds in some Android devices.
Yeah, if i launch the app without deploy, the scenes without Noesis views loads faster in next launch. Scenes with noesis remain slow-loading. I also tested my solution on Bluestacks Emulator and other device (Samsung Galaxy A20e), couldn't repeat the scene lag. Maybe that depends on hardware somehow.

jsantos
Site Admin

27 Nov 2020, 14:28

Does Android Logcat (with a Unity development build) reveal something? I would bet it is the shader cache generation but that should only happen first time the app is executed.