elisa
Topic Author

aspect ratio and resizing?

01 Feb 2015, 14:26

Is there a way how Neosis can resize a XAML file so it fits accordingly on a Unity screen?

I get odd sized graphics and wrong positions. It seems to be fixed-width.

Scherub

Re: aspect ratio and resizing?

02 Feb 2015, 15:20

Can you be a bit more precise, please? I don't really understand what exactly your problem is.

WPF/Noesis usually doesn't use absolute positions so most things are a relative to other things.

If you're just talking about images there is a Stretch-Mode that defines how it will be scaled. There is also the possibility of using a ViewBox. It really depends on your needs.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: aspect ratio and resizing?

03 Feb 2015, 18:43

Thanks again Scherub ;)

UI layout can be totally controlled by using the different Panels (Canvas, Grid, StackPanel, WrapPanel, DockPanel...) and containers (Decorator, Border, Viewbox,... available in NoesisGUI.

For example, you will probably have a Grid in your xaml root to allow its children elements to stretch and fill the entire screen. If you need that a fixed size design scales to cover the screen then you need to use a Viewbox, and apply the correct Stretch mode depending on your needs.

If you want to design screen resolution independent UI, you will have to use a combination of Grid panels (using relative size columns and rows) with Viewboxes. Take a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=115

I hope this info helps.