dl_studios
Topic Author

1.2.1 Build Error in Unity5

26 Mar 2015, 23:51

Hi been working on getting noesis v 1.2.1 to work with Unity 5. I got all of my code converted over, and Noesis is working. However, when I build on PC for Windows standalone I get the below build error.

Error:
FileNotFoundException: Temp\StagingArea\EndlessWorldsTest2_Data\StreamingAssets\NoesisGUI\dx11\Assets\DLSGUI\Menus\SelectionMenus\MainShapesAndParticlesMenuContent.xaml.nsb does not exist
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:107)
UnityEditor.FileUtil.UnityFileCopy (System.String from, System.String to, Boolean overwrite) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:207)
UnityEditor.FileUtil.CopyDirectoryFiltered (System.String source, System.String target, Boolean overwrite, System.Func`2 includeCallback, Boolean recursive) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:142)
UnityEditor.FileUtil.CopyDirectoryFiltered (System.String source, System.String target, Boolean overwrite, System.Func`2 includeCallback, Boolean recursive) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:156)
UnityEditor.FileUtil.CopyDirectoryFiltered (System.String source, System.String target, Boolean overwrite, System.Func`2 includeCallback, Boolean recursive) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:156)
I rebuilt noesis using Tools > NoesisGUI > Settings > Rebuild. I had Dx11 checked. My player settings Use Direct#D 11 as true. I've tried to build both x86 and x86_64 but with no difference.

Looking in my Streamingassets folder I do have a \MainShapesAndParticlesMenuContent.xaml, but there is no \MainShapesAndParticlesMenuContent.xaml.nsb .

Any thoughts on how to fix the issue would be appreciated.

Thank you

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: 1.2.1 Build Error in Unity5

30 Mar 2015, 12:29

This is very strange... Could you please remove the /StreamingAssets folder, and manually regenerate it with Tools > NoesisGUI > Settings > Rebuild ?

There shouldn't be any XAML file inside that folder.

Besides, could you create a fresh project, import noesisGUI and try one of our sample scenes?

dl_studios
Topic Author

30 Mar 2015, 21:46

We started a new project and imported noesis 1.2.1 and built. It worked fine.

In our broken project. We recreated all of our gui elements in blend to see if that would make a difference. It didn't. We also deleted the usercontrol that was thowing the build error. However the build error now throws on one of noesis sample controls.
FileNotFoundException: Temp\StagingArea\EndlessWorldsTest3_Data\StreamingAssets\NoesisGUI\dx11\Assets\NoesisGUI\Samples\ControlGallery\Samples\ImageBrushStretch.xaml.nsb does not exist
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:107)
UnityEditor.FileUtil.UnityFileCopy (System.String from, System.String to, Boolean overwrite) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:207)
We've checked the path Temp\StagingArea\EndlessWorldsTest3_Data\StreamingAssets\NoesisGUI\dx11\Assets\NoesisGUI\Samples\ControlGallery\Samples\ImageBrushStretch.xaml.nsb and the ImagebrushStretch.xaml.nsb file IS there. So we don't get why it won't build. So weird.

jsantos
Site Admin

30 Mar 2015, 22:07

Truly strange.

The error happens when generating the standalone or when building with noesisGUI?

dl_studios
Topic Author

30 Mar 2015, 22:51

standalone

jsantos
Site Admin

31 Mar 2015, 01:56

Could you please paste the full trace?

Ideas to test:
  • If you manually copy a file to the StreamingAssets folder, does it also fail?
  • Does it happen if you move the project to a different location? For example, directly at c:/
  • Manually invoke UnityEditor.FileUtil.UnityFileCopy (the funtion that seems to be failing) with the problematic file and see what happens.