AndreN
Topic Author

[Ogre 1.9] Expander.xaml example issue with fast scrolling

13 Sep 2015, 22:06

Hello

I'm new to NoesisGUI and I'm currently testing some examples in the Trial SDK version I got some days ago (1.2.4).
Unfortunately I have an issue with scrolling in the Expander.xaml example from the SDK.

As a base for my tests I use the Example C++ Code "Sample" from the OgreBingings. However instead of Time.xaml I just load the Expander.xaml file.
Here I can expand or collapse the expander container, this works fine. However I cannot scroll the text correctly.
When I pull the scroll bar down by mouse it always flips back to the start position.
When I click very slow at the scroll down arrow, it works but as soon as I move the mouse away from the arrow, it flips back to the starting position. When I click fast at the scroll down arrow, it flips immediately.
The mouse wheel works well.

Is this a known issue? Does it sound like an issue with NoesisGUI or is this an issue of the OgreBinding?
Has anyone an idea what I can do to solve it?

In the XAML Player delivered with the SDK the scrolling works fine.

Best regards,
André
Attachments
Scrolling.PNG
Scrolling.PNG (30.56 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Last edited by AndreN on 13 Sep 2015, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

AndreN
Topic Author

Re: [Ogre 1.9] Expander.xaml example issue with fast scrolli

13 Sep 2015, 22:15

Some more information, maybe this helps to find the root cause:
It seems, that the OgreBindings are prepared for the NoesisGUI version 1.2.7 instead of 1.2.4.
At least I had to change the following line in the bindings to be able to compile:

Original from repository:
ri.commands.commands = renderer->WaitForUpdate();
My adoptions, since a copy operator for RenderCommands seems not to exist in 1.2.4
RenderCommands &rRenderCommands = renderer->WaitForUpdate();
ri.commands.commands = rRenderCommands.commands;
ri.commands.offscreenCommands = rRenderCommands.offscreenCommands;

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: [Ogre 1.9] Expander.xaml example issue with fast scrolli

16 Sep 2015, 01:30

Is this a known issue? Does it sound like an issue with NoesisGUI or is this an issue of the OgreBinding?
Has anyone an idea what I can do to solve it?
This is an unexpected behavior, and is something that is not happening with the SDK or Unity integration.
We will investigate this sample with the OgreBindings and see what is happening.
Some more information, maybe this helps to find the root cause:
It seems, that the OgreBindings are prepared for the NoesisGUI version 1.2.7 instead of 1.2.4.
At least I had to change the following line in the bindings to be able to compile:

Original from repository:
ri.commands.commands = renderer->WaitForUpdate();
My adoptions, since a copy operator for RenderCommands seems not to exist in 1.2.4
RenderCommands &rRenderCommands = renderer->WaitForUpdate();
ri.commands.commands = rRenderCommands.commands;
ri.commands.offscreenCommands = rRenderCommands.offscreenCommands;
The latest release of NoesisGUI, as you can see from the following link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91, is the version 1.2.4, and there is no other release after that.

Maybe you are confused with the commit message: "Sync with noesisGUI v1.2b7", that was done 8 months ago to the OgreBindings repository, when NoesisGUI 1.2 was still in beta.

The code in the repository should work, as the members in RenderCommands struct can be copied with the default copy constructor and copy assignment. Are you getting a compile error? Which one? Which compiler are you using?