View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002147||NoesisGUI||C# SDK||public||2021-10-13 10:50||2021-12-10 15:16|
|Target Version||3.1.2||Fixed in Version||3.1.2|
|Summary||0002147: Unable to start .NET 5 app in linux (XDisplay)|
|Description||From forum post https://www.noesisengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2446|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Sorry, just to clarify a few points:
- You're using WSL, right? Is it WSL 1 or 2?
- You can run other GUI applications on WSL.
- Which Linux distribution are you using?
- version 2
- yes, i'm configured Xming and check this on default x11 programs - xcalc, xclock and firefox
- Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 188.8.131.52-microsoft-standard-WSL2 x86_64)
message in forum contains two problems,
- XDisplay return zero if you not change parameter XOpenDisplay(null); to content output from $DISPLAY variable from console command
- library .dll not correct working call on linux
please say me if second problem need created to another thread - this critical for my project, i'm cannot testing application
|Another question: Are you able to run OpenGL applications, such as glxgears?|
yes.... may-be i'm run app from VS 2022 (target WSL for debug) and this make problem display cannot auto identity x11, i'm tryed first run application from Virtual Box VM on Ubuntu, but after crash without exception - using debug with WSL from VS 2022
I've been able to run our samples using WSL2 and our 3.1.1 NuGet packages.
However, even though it worked for me, I've made two changes that will be part of the next release:
- We were passing "" as an argument to XOpenDisplay. I've changed the parameter to null. When a null pointer is passed to XOpendDisplay it uses the value of the DISPLAY environment variable. It is working for me using "", but the new code is more correct.
- I've made changes to the OpenGL/GLX/X11 DllImports to explicitly state the version of the so, so that you don't need libGLX.so, just libGLX.so.0 and so on. I could get around this by creating the symlinks, but it's more correct this way.
I didn't see any problems with Noesis_GetCurrentThreadId. The version of libNoesis.so has those functions and they work correctly.
|2021-10-13 10:50||sfernandez||New Issue|
|2021-10-13 10:51||sfernandez||Assigned To||=> hcpizzi|
|2021-10-13 10:51||sfernandez||Status||new => assigned|
|2021-10-13 10:51||sfernandez||Target Version||=> 3.1.2|
|2021-10-13 11:09||hcpizzi||Note Added: 0007512|
|2021-10-13 17:12||sfernandez||Reporter||sfernandez => relife87|
|2021-10-13 17:32||relife87||Note Added: 0007513|
|2021-10-13 18:31||relife87||Note Edited: 0007513|
|2021-10-13 23:17||hcpizzi||Note Added: 0007514|
|2021-10-14 01:53||relife87||File Added: 2021-10-14 025315.jpg|
|2021-10-14 01:53||relife87||Note Added: 0007515|
|2021-10-14 02:01||relife87||Note Edited: 0007515|
|2021-10-14 16:57||hcpizzi||Note Added: 0007516|
|2021-10-14 16:58||hcpizzi||Note Edited: 0007516|
|2021-10-14 16:59||hcpizzi||Note Edited: 0007516|
|2021-12-10 15:16||hcpizzi||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2021-12-10 15:16||hcpizzi||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2021-12-10 15:16||hcpizzi||Fixed in Version||=> 3.1.2|