artisan-jack
Topic Author

Using third-party input providers & Unity Localization

12 Oct 2023, 10:28

Hi,

We're evaluating NoesisGUI in Unity and had a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could answer:

1. We use Rewired as our Input provider and at this stage are quite dependent on it. Is it possible to use third-party input providers such as Rewired with Noesis? I've seen that the most recent version provides support for the new Unity Input System, but we'd prefer not to migrate to that system if at all possible. I found this thread on the subject but it's 5 years old and I wasn't sure whether it was still a viable option now that the new Input system has been integrated.
2. Is it possible to use the built-in Localization tools in Unity with Noesis? The examples mention many ways of doing Localization, and I can see a couple of potential paths (exporting from Unity Loc tables to XML, handling it in code-behind/bindings), but I was wondering if there's a more robust/recommended way of doing the integration?

Thanks,
Jack

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Using third-party input providers & Unity Localization

12 Oct 2023, 19:36

1. You can manually inject events to the view (MouseMove, MouseButtonDown and so on...). This should be compatible with any Input Provider.

2. Have a look at the localization sample included in our package. It is following our Localization Tutorial. This is the recommended approach in Unity right now. But, if needed, we are open to implement more native approaches here, as we are already doing in Unreal.