digimbyte
Topic Author

EntryPointNotFoundException?

05 Jun 2019, 08:10

I finally got around to updating to 2.2.2 and the fixes and updates look promising
I encountered some errors I was wondering if I could get help with.
EntryPointNotFoundException: Long_GetStaticType
Noesis.NoesisGUI_.Long_GetStaticType () (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/API/Proxies/NoesisGUI_.cs:59)
Noesis.Extend.RegisterNativeTypes () (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/API/Core/NoesisExtend.cs:572)
Noesis.Extend.Init () (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/API/Core/NoesisExtend.cs:32)

Tags:

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: EntryPointNotFoundException?

05 Jun 2019, 18:11

Which platform are you trying?
Does this happens when running our samples in the Managed SDK?

digimbyte
Topic Author

06 Jun 2019, 00:07

Unity 2018.4
I'm not sure which samples you mean, but the provided samples in the package do work in a clean project
it was working before the update but I had to upgrade to .net 4.x api if that matters

digimbyte
Topic Author

06 Jun 2019, 02:11

Found the problem, the Noesis.dll under Assets\NoesisGUI\Plugins\Libraries\Windows\x86_64
was from the older version and was not updated or corrupted

I had to close unity down to delete the Noesis including the dll (you could probably just delete the dll, but I wanted a clean install)
then loaded unity back up, let it check for changes and then reimported Noesis 2.2.2

it works now

jsantos
Site Admin

06 Jun 2019, 11:36

If the DLL is being used by Unity there is no way to delete it without closing Unity. We emit a warning though, indicating that Unity must be restarted.

Anyway, as stated in the Unity tutorial, the best way to update is closing Unity and removing NoesisGUI folders.
Although not strictly necessary we recommend closing Unity and removing the folders '/Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins and '/Assets/NoesisGUI/Samples' before installing a new version of NoesisGUI.