SrdjanMaksimovic021
Topic Author

NoesisGUI doesn't work properly with multi display

16 Jul 2020, 18:14

So me and my team are creating a multi-display app in Unity and we would like to have UI on potentially both monitors. Currently, NoesisGUI behaves weird when both monitors are running. If I place the pointer on a certain area of the monitor, it acts as if it is in the same area on the other monitor (UI elements in that position enter hovered state, if I click, it sends pointer down events etc).

Is there a way for us to properly use NoesisGUI with multi display?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: NoesisGUI doesn't work properly with multi display

17 Jul 2020, 12:48

This was reported before (#1593). You can find a workaround in that ticket. Sorry for the inconvenience.

SrdjanMaksimovic021
Topic Author

17 Jul 2020, 16:19

Thank you for the quick reply. I implemented the changes from the link you sent me and while it did fix mouse hover/click, it did not fix the scroll viewer element. Basically, if I point the mouse to the area of the screen with a scrollviewer on the other monitor and use the mouse wheel, the scroll view will move up/down even thought it is on a different screen than the mouse pointer.

jsantos
Site Admin

18 Jul 2020, 13:24

The fix is not complete. If you analyze the code, it should be straightforward to add support for more cases. But anyway, I moved the ticket to 3.0.4 roadmap, this will be solved officially "soon".